- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- News & Events
Kunal Karan, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Queen's-RMC Fuel Cell Research Centre
Tel: (613) 533-3095
Fax: (613) 533-6637
Office: Dupuis Hall 209
My research interests are inspired by the challenges of understanding the coupled reaction-transport processes spanning nano- to meso- to macro-scale for application in and related to fuel cells. An overview of research topics that I have indulged myself into are summarized below:
- Characterization and Engineering of Fuel Cells Electrodes
- Nano-and Micro-engineered electrodes for PEMFCs
- Experimental studies of porous and dense SOFC Cathodes
- Mathematical Modeling of Fuel Cells
- Continuum Micro-Modeling of PEMFC and SOFC Electrodes
- Micro-kinetic Modeling of PEMFC and SOFC Electrodes
- Impedance Modeling of PEMFC and SOFC Electrode Processes
- Microkinetic Modeling of Reforming Reactions
Queen's-RMC Fuel Cell Research Centre
Queen's-RMC Fuel Cell Research Centre is a community of like-minded and motivated researchers with a deep desire to unravel the challenging problems related to fuel cells specifically and energy issues in general. The group of 40+ individuals comprising faculty, research associates, graduate and undergraduate students are engaged on a wide variety of inter-disciplinary research topics.
Graduate research opportunities are available in the fuel cell area.
Premier's Early Researcher Award (Province of Ontario), Ontario Research Fund (ORF), NSERC (Discovery, CRD & Strategic Grants), SOFC Canada NSERC Strategic Network Grant, Ballard Power System, Long Dana, Queen's Research Initiation Grant,